Business All-Star Logo

What should I do if I’ve been involved in a road accident?

Often when I’m advising clients in relation to a personal injuries claim they are quiet concerned whether they have behaved appropriately at the scene of an accident and whether they did all the right things, so what I propose to do now is just

First and foremost, I think it goes without saying, you should ensure that you and all the other occupants of the other cars are okay. Once this is done you should contact the Gardai and report the incident. The Gardai will make a decision as to whether or not the accident is serious enough for them to attend the scene but you can also get an incident report number from them just to show that you have reported the accident.

After this you should notify your own insurance company that there has been an accident and you should advise them whether or not you believe you are liable or whether or not the other side is liable.

After this you should be going to your GP to make sure you get all proper medical treatment and again I think that goes without saying.

Finally once all this is done you can consider what the repercussions have been for you and what your financial loss is and you can consider whether or not you wish to bring a claim for personal injuries to recover your loss.

If you have any questions in relation to this matter or any other matter feel free to give me a call on 1800 390 555.