Business All-Star Logo

Should I settle my property damage claim before bringing my personal injuries claim?

One typical situation in a road traffic accident is where you have suffered personal injuries and there has been damage to your vehicle and possibly property in the vehicle.

Often times the insurance company will approach you with a view to trying to settle the property damage element of your claim. For instance, they may make an offer to repair or replace your car and it is perfectly reasonable to do that at an early stage. But what you have to be extremely careful about is that there is no question that you are accepting any sum in full and final settlement of the personal injuries aspect of your claim.

If you are in any doubt about this whatsoever you should consult a solicitor before signing anything because obviously there may not be any scope for returning if you sign without the legal advice that you should have taken.

If you have any query about this or any other aspect of a personal injuries claim please feel free to give us a call on 1800 390 555.