Health and Safety – Accidents at Work

If you have been injured in an accident at work, you may have concerns about health and safety regulations. One of the questions most frequently asked is:

Am I obliged to report my accident to the Health and Safety Authority?

If you are injured in your workplace and you cannot perform your normal work for more than 3 consecutive days (not including the day of the accident) due to the injuries which you’ve sustained the accident which caused your injuries must be reported to the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) by law.

Similarly, any road traffic or vehicle accidents involving employees are reportable if a person was injured while driving or riding in the vehicle in the course of work and they cannot perform their normal work for more than 3 consecutive days.

You can report accidents online by visiting the HSA’s website at

Advice on Health and Safety following an Accident at Work

If you have any questions about injuries you’ve suffered in the work environment, our live chat operator is available to help you with any queries you may have at any time or, you can just give us a call on our nationwide Local number 1800 390 555 during office hours. Our Accident at Work solicitors are based at our offices in Dublin and Cork, however, we assist people across the country from Limerick to Galway.

Personal Injury Team at McCarthy + Co

Get a callback from our team

If you would prefer, we can call you, just click the Request a Callback on the right, leave your number and we’ll call you back at a time that is convenient for you. Finally, if you just wish to send us a confidential message, click the Send Us a Message Button on the right.

Get A Free Copy Of Our Work Place Accidents Guide *

Work Related Accidents