Brain Cancer Misdiagnosis
If you have been diagnosed with a type of brain cancer at a late stage, or you were previously informed by a doctor that it was a less severe illness, you may wish to look at bringing a cancer misdiagnosis claim. For further advice regarding bringing your claim, contact our expert medical negligence team today using the freephone number on this page or send us a message via our online form.
If you are not quite ready to speak to a solicitor about your case, you may find the following links useful for helping you to understand this illness and its treatment options.
Brain cancers are varied in terms of their fatality rates and the impact they have on patients. Common brain cancers affecting the central nervous system include astrocytoma, whilst others may predominantly affect certain genders and age groups such as meningioma. You may find the following background information useful for understanding more about different types of tumours.
- Irish Cancer Society – Brain tumours page
- Brain Tumour Ireland – About the brain
- Cancer.net – Brain tumour statistics
Help and support
The following organisations provide help and support for individuals and families affected by cancer.
- Irish Brain Tumour Support Group – reference for people in need of support
- Irish Cancer Society – Managing money and financial support
- Irish Cancer Society – Cancer support centres in Ireland
- The Irish Hospice Foundation – Supports for caring at home
You may find the following academic and scientific resources useful for understanding the latest developments in brain cancer research.
- Latest research into brain cancer
- Advances in brain tumour clinical care and research
- Latest news from Brain Tumour Research
- Shrinking brain tumours and opening the door for targeted cancer therapies
Get expert advice from a solicitor
If you have been diagnosed with a type of brain cancer at a late stage or if you were misdiagnosed with this illness, you may have the grounds to bring a claim against your healthcare provider. If so, contact our team today for expert advice regarding your situation.