Blood Cancer Misdiagnosis
If you have suffered as a result of a blood cancer misdiagnosis, or late diagnosis, you may wish to look at bringing a cancer misdiagnosis claim. For further advice regarding bringing your claim, contact our expert medical negligence team today using the freephone number on this page or send us a message via our online form.
If you are not quite ready to speak to a solicitor about your case, you may find the following links useful for helping you to understand this illness and its treatment options.
Blood cancer refers to any of the multiple types of cancer that affect the blood, including Leukaemia and Lymphoma. If you have just been diagnosed with this illness, you may find the following resources helpful.
- Irish Cancer Society – Blood cancer page
- Health News – Living with blood cancer
- Blood Cancer Network Ireland – Information for patients
- Irish Cancer Society – Early symptoms of multiple myeloma
- CTCA – Blood cancers – types and treatment options
Help and support
The following organisations provide help and support for individuals and families affected by cancer.
- Blood-Cancer.com – Coping with blood cancer
- Irish Cancer Society – Managing money and financial support
- Survive and Thrive – Cancer support centres in Ireland
- The Irish Hospice Foundation – Supports for caring at home
You may find the following academic and scientific resources useful for expanding your understanding of blood cancer.
- Blood cancer’s Achilles’ heel opens the door for new treatments
- New therapy for aggressive blood cancer discovered
- Advances in leukaemia research
- Researchers attempt a new treatment approach for blood cancer
Get expert advice from a solicitor
Were you misdiagnosed with blood cancer by a doctor or healthcare practitioner, or did you receive a late diagnosis of this illness after initially being told it was something more benign? If so, contact our team today to get expert advice on your situation and whether or not you may have an eligible case to bring.