Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis
1 in 9 women in Ireland will develop breast cancer during the course of their lifetime, according to Breast Cancer Ireland. Whilst survival rates are extremely high, due to increased awareness and screening for the disease, a late diagnosis of this cancer can be extremely costly.
If you suspected that you may have breast cancer but a doctor failed to diagnose it correctly, or if you were misdiagnosed with this illness for a condition more malign, you might be wondering if you have a basis to make a cancer misdiagnosis claim. If you would like further advice on whether you have a basis to make a claim, you can contact our expert medical negligence team using the freephone number on this page. Alternatively, send us a message via our online form and we will get back to you.
If you are not quite ready to speak to a solicitor about your case, you may find the following links useful for helping you to understand this illness and its treatment options.
Breast cancer is the second most common cancer affecting women in Ireland, after skin cancer. It affects more than 3,300 women each year, although the numbers are increasing. You may find the following links useful for gaining a better picture of this illness and how it is treated.
- Irish Cancer Society – Breast cancer page
- Health & Safety Executive – Breast cancer in women
- Breast Cancer Ireland – Researching a cure
- Marie Keating Foundation – What you should know
Help and support
- Irish Cancer Society – Managing money and financial support
- Irish Cancer Society – Cancer support centres in Ireland
- The Irish Hospice Foundation – Supports for caring at home
You may find the following academic and scientific resources useful for understanding the latest developments in breast cancer research.
- Advances in Breast Cancer Research
- Breast cancer development and progression
- Singleton Hospital fast-tracks breast cancer breakthrough
- Breakthrough with cancer vaccine
Get expert advice from a solicitor
If you have been misdiagnosed with breast cancer, or you were diagnosed at a late stage after questioning a previously incorrect diagnosis, you may have the grounds to bring a claim against your healthcare provider. If so, contact our team today for expert advice regarding your situation.