Bladder Cancer Misdiagnosis
If you have suffered as a result of a bladder cancer misdiagnosis, or late diagnosis, you may wish to look at bringing a cancer misdiagnosis claim. For further advice regarding bringing your claim, contact our expert medical negligence team today using the freephone number on this page or send us a message via our online form.
If you are not quite ready to speak to a solicitor about your case, you may find the following links useful for building a better picture about the condition, how it is treated, the statistics regarding the illness and scientific developments in understanding it.
Bladder cancer affects 450 people in Ireland each year. If you have just been diagnosed with this illness, you may find the following resources helpful.
- Irish Cancer Society – Bladder cancer page
- The Kerryman – Bladder cancer and how it is treated
- World Cancer Research Fund – Bladder cancer statistics
- National Cancer Registry Ireland – Risk factors and statistics
Help and support
The following organisations provide help and support for individuals and families affected by cancer.
- Marie Keating Foundation – Coping with bladder cancer
- Irish Cancer Society – Managing money and financial support
- Irish Cancer Society – Cancer support centres in Ireland
- The Irish Hospice Foundation – Supports for caring at home
You may find the following academic and scientific resources useful for expanding your understanding of bladder cancer.
- The emerging role of the androgen receptor in bladder cancer
- Bladder cancer stem cells
- Advances in bladder cancer imaging
- Proteolytic parameter changes in the plasma of patients with bladder cancer
Get expert advice from a solicitor
Were you misdiagnosed with bladder cancer by a doctor or healthcare practitioner, or did you receive a late diagnosis of this illness after initially being told it was something more benign? If so, contact our team today to get expert advice on your situation and whether or not you may have an eligible case to bring.