Bringing a Claim For GP Negligence
GPs see many patients each day and, in most cases, they provide an exceptionally high standard of care to those they serve. However, GPs are human like the rest of us and may sometimes make mistakes which lead to significant issues for their patient.
Scenarios where you may be able to bring a claim for GP negligence include:
- Failure by your doctor to diagnose your medical condition properly.
- Where your local healthcare provider has failed to provide an appointment to see a doctor quickly enough, resulting in the significant untreated worsening of your condition.
- Failure by your doctor to carry out enough testing to accurately diagnose your condition.
- Situations where you have been prescribed incorrect medication of treatment courses.
- Failure by your doctor to recognise common but serious issues, where an earlier diagnosis may have significantly extended your life or prevented a significant decline in your quality of life.
- Failure by your doctor to refer you to a specialist where it was needed.
- Failure by your doctor to attend home visits, where required.
- Failure by your doctor to keep accurate records, resulting in the obscuring of important patient information that impedes diagnosis and treatment.
Of course, there may be many other valid scenarios where it is possible to report your GP for negligence and bring a claim against them. Speak to one of our specialist medical negligence solicitors today for further advice.
Speak to our legal team now about your case. Call us Freephone on:
1800 390 555
Request A Call Back
Get a call back from our legal team at a time that suits you.
Highly rated on TrustPilot
Read the latest reviews written by our happy clients.
Some links relating to making a complaint about your GP that you may find useful.
- Health Complaints – GP Complaints
- Citizens Information – How to complain about medical professionals
- Medical Council – Making a complaint
GP Negligence Claims
About McCarthy + Co
With more than 30 years of experience in dealing with medical negligence cases, McCarthy + Co. has expertise in bringing successful claims against GPs and other medical staff who have delivered negligent care. We are a family-run business, and we pride ourselves on offering honest, impartial, and helpful advice.
Our offices are based in Dublin and Cork, but we work with clients throughout Ireland in locations ranging from Galway to Waterford. You can count on us for legal advice, guidance, and assistance on any form of personal or medical injury.
Our Awards & Accreditations
We are a multi-award winning firm, accredited by the Law Society of Ireland.
In contentious business, a legal practitioner shall not charge any amount in respect of legal costs expressed as a percentage or proportion of any damages (or other moneys) that may become payable to his or her client or purport to set out the legal costs to be charged to a junior counsel as a specified percentage or proportion of the legal costs paid to a senior counsel. A legal practitioner shall not without the prior written agreement of his or her client deduct or appropriate any amount in respect of legal costs from the amount of any damages or moneys that become payable to the client in respect of legal services that the legal practitioner provided to the client.
Directly contact our partners via email about your case.
Follow Flor on Social Media
Twitter: @flormccarthy LinkedIn: /in/flormccarthy/
Flor McCarthy wears multiple hats, not only as the managing partner of one of Ireland’s leading law firms, but also as an author, speaker and an acknowledged expert in client service, innovation and marketing.
Beginning his academic journey at UCC, Flor furthered his education with a master’s degree in law from UCD. After gaining valuable experience as a solicitor in Dublin, the allure of home and the family brought him back to West Cork to contribute his expertise to the family business.
Follow John on Social Media
John McCarthy is a seasoned solicitor with almost 20 years of experience, specialises in personal injury and medical negligence claims, focusing particularly on high-value compensation cases. His extensive litigation experience spans Circuit Court, High Court and Supreme Court levels.
John's practice involves a diverse range of cases, from personal injury and wrongful death to property damage, defective products, professional negligence and judicial reviews.