Bringing an Accident and Emergency Compensation Claim
Mistakes made by Accident & Emergency staff usually occur during diagnosis or treatment. If you have suffered due to one of the following issues, our team might be able to take on your case and help you to bring your compensation claim.
- The hospital failed to admit you for treatment – you were sent home then became gravely ill later that day.
- A mistake was made in taking your medical history – important information was overlooked causing you to suffer more in the treatment process.
- Medical staff failed to examine you properly – and did not take any notes detailing your symptoms.
- Medical staff failed to carry out the correct investigations – such as taking blood tests, scans, and X-rays.
- Receiving incorrect medical treatment – which worsened your condition.
- Failing to operate on you when required – causing on-going issues with your health.
- Making an error during surgery – causing a significant injury to you.
- Failing to document a deterioration in your condition – causing continued health issues further down the line.
- Providing an inadequate level of care – neglecting you on your visit or not providing the necessary standard of care following surgery.
Speak to our legal team now about your case. Call us Freephone on:
Request A Call Back
Get a call back from our legal team at a time that suits you.
Highly rated on TrustPilot
Read the latest reviews written by our happy clients.
How do I make a start on bringing my claim?
Start Your Accident and Emergency Negligence Claim
About McCarthy + Co
With more than 30 years of experience in dealing with medical negligence claims, McCarthy + Co. has experience bringing claims relating to a wide variety of healthcare settings, including Accident & Emergency departments. We are a family-run business, and we pride ourselves on offering honest, impartial, and helpful advice.
Our offices are based in Dublin and Cork, but we work with clients throughout Ireland in locations ranging from Galway to Waterford. You can count on us for legal advice, guidance, and assistance on any form of personal injury.
Our Awards & Accreditations
We are a multi-award winning firm, accredited by the Law Society of Ireland.
In contentious business, a legal practitioner shall not charge any amount in respect of legal costs expressed as a percentage or proportion of any damages (or other moneys) that may become payable to his or her client or purport to set out the legal costs to be charged to a junior counsel as a specified percentage or proportion of the legal costs paid to a senior counsel. A legal practitioner shall not without the prior written agreement of his or her client deduct or appropriate any amount in respect of legal costs from the amount of any damages or moneys that become payable to the client in respect of legal services that the legal practitioner provided to the client.
Directly contact our partners via email about your case.
Follow Flor on Social Media
Flor McCarthy wears multiple hats, not only as the managing partner of one of Ireland’s leading law firms, but also as an author, speaker and an acknowledged expert in client service, innovation and marketing.
Beginning his academic journey at UCC, Flor furthered his education with a master’s degree in law from UCD. After gaining valuable experience as a solicitor in Dublin, the allure of home and the family brought him back to West Cork to contribute his expertise to the family business.
Follow John on Social Media
John McCarthy is a seasoned solicitor with almost 20 years of experience, specialises in personal injury and medical negligence claims, focusing particularly on high-value compensation cases. His extensive litigation experience spans Circuit Court, High Court and Supreme Court levels.
John's practice involves a diverse range of cases, from personal injury and wrongful death to property damage, defective products, professional negligence and judicial reviews.