Efficient Conveyancing for Commercial Property Sales
Whether you are the owner of a single commercial unit, or the property portfolio manager for a large volume of commercial premises, the McCarthy + Co team provides expert legal guidance and services throughout the process of selling any category of commercial property.
Our commercial conveyancing team will assist you with:
- An Initial Consultation – Where we ascertain your business objectives and outline the scope of your property sale.
- Property Evaluation – We can assist you in the valuation process and the preparation of your property for the market.
- Legal Due Diligence – We conduct thorough due diligence to identify and address any legal issues.
- Drafting and Negotiating of Contracts – We expertly handle contract preparation and negotiations to protect your interests.
- Completion and Post-Sale Support – We handle the transfer of the property title, finalise the sale and provide ongoing legal support as needed.
Why Choose McCarthy + Co as Your Commercial Conveyancing Partner?
Our conveyancing team offers a professional, meticulous, and responsive service to business owners, property portfolio managers, and investors. Clients return to us for their conveyancing needs due to our:
- In-Depth Knowledge – We possess a deep understanding of the commercial property market in Ireland, enabling us to offer advice that is both insightful and practical.
- Tailored Solutions – We recognise that each business has unique requirements. Our approach is to provide personalised legal solutions that align with your specific commercial objectives.
- Nationwide Service – Serving clients across Ireland, we have a broad perspective on regional property trends, legal requirements, and opportunities, ensuring a service that’s as dynamic as your business.
- Transparent Communication – At McCarthy + Co, we believe in clear and open communication, and we are renowned for our responsive service. We ensure any complex legal jargon is translated into language that makes sense for you and your business.
For legal support with your commercial property sales, simply complete our highly confidential property consultation form and a member of the team will get back to you to arrange an appointment with one of our conveyancing solicitors.
Speak to our legal team now about your case. Call us Freephone on:
Request A Call Back
Get a call back from our legal team at a time that suits you.
Highly rated on TrustPilot
Read the latest reviews written by our happy clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions we are often asked in relation to selling a commercial property.
Why should I hire you to help with selling a commercial property?
We help you to navigate the complex legal aspects involved in the process of selling. Our team ensures compliance with regulations, drafts and reviews contracts, manages property title transfers, and handle negotiations. With our expertise on your side, we help you to avoid legal pitfalls, resolve disputes, and ensure a smooth transaction. In short, we safeguard your interests, mitigate risks, and streamline the sales process, making it more efficient and legally sound.
What are the key considerations when selling a commercial property?
Key considerations include setting a competitive yet profitable price, understanding current market conditions, and ensuring the property's appeal to potential buyers. It's important to have all relevant documents in order, such as title deeds and compliance certificates. Legal and tax implications, including capital gains tax, should be considered. Preparing the property for sale, possibly through renovations or improvements, can enhance its value. An effective marketing strategy is essential to reach the right buyers and negotiate favourable terms. The team at McCarthy + Co can provide guidance in all these areas, alongside our fully comprehensive conveyancing services.
What is the rate of capital gains tax on commercial property sales?
The capital gains tax on commercial property sales is 33%. This tax is charged on the profit made on the disposal of an asset, such as land or buildings. The chargeable gain is calculated by taking the sale proceeds of disposal and deducting the purchase price of the property and enhancement expenditure, among other allowable expenses. There are several reliefs and exemptions from CGT that may be available depending on the relevant circumstances. Our legal team will be happy to discuss this with you in your initial consultation.
Joseph McCarthy leads the conveynacing department at McCarthy + Co. Joseph has been an integral member of our team since 2013, bringing a unique blend of expertise and dedication to his role. Joseph provides a problem-solving oriented approach to property buyers and sellers throughout the conveyancing process.
Joseph can be contacted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About McCarthy + Co
McCarthy + Co. are a team of solicitors with more than 30 years of experience in providing legal advice, guidance and assistance to clients across Ireland.
We are a family-run business with offices in Dublin and Cork, but we have dealt with clients everywhere from Galway and Limerick to Waterford. We are honest, plain-speaking and thorough – we will work alongside you to ensure your property sale or purchase is as efficient as possible.
Our Awards & Accreditations
We are a multi-award winning firm, accredited by the Law Society of Ireland.