Experienced Commercial Lease Solicitors
If you are considering signing a commercial lease, minimise any concerns raised by your board, investors, or senior members of your internal team, with the assistance of McCarthy + Co’s highly experienced conveyancing team.
Our knowledgeable commercial lease solicitors provide:
- Expert Guidance on Lease Terms – Commercial leases come with a range of terms and conditions that can be complex and varied. Our solicitors help you understand the implications of each term, from lease duration and rent reviews to subletting and termination clauses.
- Negotiation Skills – A good solicitor doesn’t just understand legal jargon; they also have strong negotiation skills. At McCarthy + Co, we advocate on your behalf to secure terms that align with your business objectives.
- Risk Mitigation – With our in-depth knowledge of property law, we identify potential risks and advise on strategies to mitigate them. This might involve negotiating break clauses, cap on service charges, or ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Saving Time and Stress – Navigating through a commercial lease agreement can be time-consuming and stressful. Our team takes this burden off your shoulders, allowing you to focus on running your business.
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes – Misinterpretations or overlooking critical clauses can lead to costly mistakes. Our expertise ensures that your lease agreement is thorough and protects your interests.
Why Choose McCarthy + Co for Commercial Conveyancing Matters?
Our conveyancing team offers a professional, meticulous, and responsive service to businesses in all sectors that require assistance with the legal and financial aspects of commercial property leases. In choosing to work with us you can expect:
- Expertise in Property Law – Our team possesses in-depth knowledge and experience in Ireland’s property laws, including law relating to commercial leases. This expertise ensures that we understand the nuances and legal complexities of commercial lease agreements, providing you with the most informed and effective guidance.
- Tailored Legal Solutions – We recognise that each business is unique. Our approach is to provide personalised legal solutions that align with your specific business needs and goals, ensuring that your lease agreement supports and enhances your business strategy.
- Comprehensive Support and Guidance – From initial consultation to the finalisation of your lease, we provide continuous support and clear guidance. We aim to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible, allowing you to focus on running your business.
- Reputation and Trust – With a strong track record of serving businesses across Ireland, our firm has built a reputation for trustworthiness and excellence. Clients choose us for our commitment to upholding their interests and our consistent delivery of positive outcomes.
To contact us with any questions you may have regarding commercial lease agreements, simply complete our highly confidential property consultation form and a member of the team will get back to you to arrange an appointment with one of our solicitors.
Speak to our legal team now about your case. Call us Freephone on:
Request A Call Back
Get a call back from our legal team at a time that suits you.
Highly rated on TrustPilot
Read the latest reviews written by our happy clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions we are often asked in relation to commercial leases.
Why is it important to hire a solicitor prior to signing a commercial lease agreement?
Hiring a solicitor before signing a commercial lease is crucial for ensuring that the terms align with your business interests. Our solicitors provide expert legal guidance, helping you to navigate complex lease terms, identify potential risks, and negotiate favourable conditions. The expertise of our team protects you from legal pitfalls and costly mistakes, ultimately safeguarding your business’s financial and operational future.
What are the key issues to consider regarding commercial leases?
Key issues in commercial leases include the length of the lease, rent amount and review mechanisms, obligations for repairs and maintenance, subletting and assignment rights, termination clauses, and implications of breaking the lease early. Understanding these factors is essential to ensure the lease terms align with your business needs and provide the necessary flexibility for future growth and changes.
Do commercial leases have to be registered?
In Ireland, it is a legal requirement for tenants of commercial properties to register their leases with the Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA), which oversees the property services sector. Upon finalising and signing a commercial lease, as a tenant, you must ensure that the PSRA is provided with key details of the lease. This includes the address of the property, the date when the lease was signed, the duration of the tenancy, and the amount of rent agreed upon. This registration is an essential step in complying with regulatory standards and securing your tenancy rights.
Joseph McCarthy leads the conveynacing department at McCarthy + Co. Joseph has been an integral member of our team since 2013, bringing a unique blend of expertise and dedication to his role. Joseph provides a problem-solving oriented approach to property buyers and sellers throughout the conveyancing process.
Joseph can be contacted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About McCarthy + Co
McCarthy + Co. are a team of solicitors with more than 30 years of experience in providing legal advice, guidance and assistance to clients across Ireland.
We are a family-run business with offices in Dublin and Cork, but we have dealt with clients everywhere from Galway and Limerick to Waterford. We are honest, plain-speaking and thorough – we will work alongside you to ensure your property sale or purchase is as efficient as possible.
Our Awards & Accreditations
We are a multi-award winning firm, accredited by the Law Society of Ireland.